Brian and Derek celebrated their dream wedding on their Sonoma estate. They were attended by the closest family and friends, among whom was a collection of talented, charming and beautiful groomsmen.
I had the opportunity to create not one, but two engagement shoots for the couple. One in San Francisco, where they have a home, and one on their property in Sonoma. By the time I documented both pre-wedding photoshoots and the rehearsal dinner at John Ash & Co. (at the famous Vintners Inn), I felt a deep connection to Brian, Derek and their community.
The wedding day held many surprises, not least of which were:
- A giant metal heart, adorned with flowers, suspended from a tree.
- A dance floor that was built inside of a swimming pool.
- Multiple vocal performances, including Broadway star Jamison Scott.
- A raid on Brian and Derek’s costume closet, and a racy encore.
- A contortionist and a glow-in-the-dark hula hoop.
Looking back through hundreds of photographs I captured, words start to fail me. It’s almost impossible to describe the scope, love, triumph and emotion I witnessed and documented over the course of several days. So I’ll let the photographs do the talking.
The whole multi-day celebration was marvelously planned by Ali Diluvio.
Check out other elegant same sex weddings in my portfolio: